Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Great Mail Day...

Yesterday I received the last Art Idea Journal RR. The journal is Suzanne's of Quietfire Designs and is simply amazing! I especially loved Suzanne's sign in pages for her journal. She used 3 sheets of cardstock, each cut at varying lengths to accomodate the length of 2x2 glassine envelopes which were adhered at the bottom and placed side by side down the length of each page. Within each envelope is a metal rimmed tag for each participant to sign into. Every tag is decorated on one side in a variety of ways and is signed by the artist on the reverse. I couldn't wait to sit and browse throught the pages of the journal as each and every page is a masterpiece filled with examples of artwork techniques and instructions. Although I've seen these techniques and instructions in the previous 16 journals as this RR evolved; I am always amazed at how different each is within the structure that each participant created. Truly a work of art!

I currently have Mieke's journal in my possession. The longest part of my contribution is completed but I want to add in a page of coloring in rubberstamped images using the same technique that I shared using the Whimsical Writing page, and add in her requested "glue book" style page. I'll have to dig through my magazine images and come up with something for that before proceeding to decorating my sign in page. I'd like to finish up Mieke's journal by the end of next week, hopefully Christi will have completed her pages and have them to me by then.

I can work on Suzanne's Whimsical Writing pages in the evening, and complete the other page while creating Mieke's; this will save me some time. I've an idea for another page within Suzanne's journal that may take me a few hours to complete.

I, also, read in another group, that Lianne has received 3 decos and will be mailing me them one by one as she finishes them so I can work on those as I receive them and get them postal once again. Which is totally cool for me as I can continue working on my personal projects in between.

I'm also thinking it would be easy for me to create the bookmarks for a Christmas gift while working on Mieke's and Suzanne's pages as I'll have the same stamping and coloring supplies out at that time so this should all work out fairly well.

No comments: