Saturday, December 23, 2006

All the hustle and bustle...

of the last several days is catching up with me. I thought I was making some major improvement with the shoulder, back, and neck injury to quickly realize late last night and this early morning that I am trying to accomplish too much; possibly a little too soon. I'll be calling my chiropractor to see if I can be worked in this morning and hopefully, finding some time this evening to slip into the jacuzzi. My muscles would greatly appreciate the warm swirling water and hopefully will relax them some.

The good news is that things will be beginning to slow down! I've only a few last minute items to purchase and wrap up. Isn't it funny how that works? You think you have all your shopping for gift-giving completed to quickly realize you desire to get something for someone else? LOL! Thankfully, I know what the items are that I will be purchasing and won't have to browse around the stores to find something! Just a quick "jog" {and I say that lightly!} in and out... the hardest part will be finding a parking space.

All that is left to be made is the potatoe salad which I will be making this afternoon while Don is working. Of course, mom and I will be baking the ham for sandwiches on Sunday... however, that will be all that we will have to do. I will be picking up fresh buns this a.m. from the bakery.

Our home is warm and all aglow --- well for the most part. I still need to hunt down and determine why the lights on my living room tree aren't working. I'm thinking I've blown a fuse in the strands of light... hopefully, it won't be too much of a problem find and fixing it. I so enjoy the lights in the evening as I sit and relax in the warmth of their glow, comfy in my pj's covered with a throw, and a fresh cup of hot cocoa warming up my hands. Pure heaven!

Yesterday, I worked more in the kitchen; rearranging some items in our top cabinets, wiping them out, cleaning countertops, appliances before sweeping and mopping the hardwood floors. While I worked on that, Don pitched in and put laundry away and washed and dried yet another load and vacuamed our home for me. I tell you, I love a man who pitches in and works right along beside me!!!

I had my hair cutting and highlighting appointment yesterday afternoon. Rita was able to just highlight my hair as my roots from the all over cover are just beginning to show, so having it done wasn't too bad. We cut it into layers once again, which added the body and fullness it was beginning to lack. What really impressed me is the colors in my hair now! We decided on a cool blonde highlight and with the previous color and highlights, and the natural reds in my hair that seem to come out whenever we color it, so I have about 4 colors in it! It isn't an extreme, in your face type of color, more soft and subtle. It ranges from a medium/light brown to a a warm, soft blonde... and not too chunky and streaky and I am so loving it!

After returning home, I set out to bake sugar cookies. Unfortunately, my sugar cookie dough didn't turn out like I desired so I'll need to add more flour to it. With the recent rain, I wonder if it isn't the humidity that affected it. Not feeling like messing with it too much last night, I opted to return it to the refrigerator and set to putting a vegetable tray together instead. A bit more healthier and better for all of us, LOL!

After Don returned home from work, we took a short drive, to look at Christmas lights. This seems to have become one of our yearly traditions, LOL! Something we both enjoy. Upon returning home, I reached for the Advil and my pj's; it wasn't long there after, I was asleep in my bed, with visions of sugar cookies in my head. LOL!

Today's agenda doesn't look to be too busy... at least I am hoping not anyways!

* A morning trip to the chiropractor,
* a stop at the bakery for buns,
* and back home to relax for a bit.

I'll make up the potatoe salad while Don works this afternoon; possibly find time for a short nap??? we may run out early this evening to purchase the two remaining gifts... just one item and a gift certificate... Who knows, I may just decide to create a money envelope and include cash instead, elimating yet another trip across town. That is sounding good...Then I can pack up the gifts and the food that will be going to my Mom and Dad's and get that over there for tomorrow. Sounds like a great plan to me.......

Whatever your plans are for the day, I hope you find some time to simply relax, too. Have a sugar cookie, a cup of cocoa, and enjoy the lights tonight! {smiles}

No comments: