Saturday, December 23, 2006

Thank You and Merry Christmas!

I been meaning to create a post that has weighed heavy on my heart the last several days. That is to take a moment to say, "Thank You and Merrry Christmas!" to all of the men and women who are stationed overseas during this holiday season.

Regardless of my views regarding the war in Iraq, I appreciate the sacrifices and the compromises that so many are making to keep our country safe. I personally do not know what it is like to have a son or a daughter serve in the military, but as a mother of an only child, I can relate to the pride that they must feel, the beating of their heart at each and every knock upon their door, and the anticipation of bringing each and every one of our sons and daughters home safely. I pray for each and every one of you, I pray for a peaceful resolution, and I pray for Iraq.

As Christmas and the New Year swiftly approaches, my heart weighs heavy for those who a sacrificing for our country by standing their ground although their hearts are back in in the U.S. with their families. To those with mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, and neices, as well as all the significant others in each and every one of their lives with whom they will be giving the greatest gift of all to... Love of our country and Freedom! I say, "Thank You!" and "Thank You" to the families that support you.

As a woman, I am thankful and very grateful to have been born in the United States. To have the freedom and liberties that I know I often take for granted, mainly because I know of no different way of life. I could not imagine my life with not having the opportunities that I have available to me --- although I suppose had I been born somewhere else, I may not be so aware of them. Maybe these thoughts and ideas would sound like a dream, a hope or a prayer silently whispered, I don't really know but I do know my heart doesn't forget about the sisterhood that I share with so many around the world. To them, I say, "Thank You!"

May God be with each and every one of you this Christmas season, may you discover love, and I hope your holidays are calm and bright. May you find love, faith, and hope this Merry Christmas and into the Happy New Year!

No comments: