Sunday, December 24, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..




I finished my two containers of potatoe salad in the early evening yesterday and filled up a box of food to be taken over to my parents. Another couple of boxes filled with gifts for my parents, Amber, Chris, and Alexxis were also taken over. Shortly after situating the food in the frig and the gifts around their tree, I realized I had forgotten the stockings so I made a mental note of items yet to be taken over in the a.m.

During the day, I decided having dinner out would certainly save me some time and energy, not to mention yet another kitchen clean up, so after leaving my parent's home, Don and I headed down to Delaware. I thought I'd find my last minute gifts for Sheila and Dennis at Oakland Nursery and we could travel down St. Rt. 36/37 to have dinner at the Cracker Barrel restaurant. Arriving at Oakland Nursery, I became scared that they may closed as there wasn't a car in the lot! It turned out we had the place to ourselves to enjoy the fresh smell of evergreens, scented candles, fresh flowers, and Christmas ornaments and decorations galore! Anyone who knows me, knows I love shopping at Oakland! Within their gift shop, you can find just about anything in seasonal garden decor that works well inside and out, candles, candle holders, signs, potpourri, journals, furniture... you name it! and it is always good quality items.

I browsed through the gift department before finally choicing my selection, making note of a variety of items that would fit into our budget. You see, I had gifted Sheila with a Christmas Tinnie and one of the beautiful matchboxes, card, and gift tag sets that I had previously created. When she received it, she loved it so much, she went out and purchased a gift for Don and I so I desired to get her something else to go with what I had already given. Finally, I decided upon a bag of Christmas potpourri, a 5" Christmas tree green candle, and a small metal sign with a spiral rusty hanger that reads, "Unwrap the Magic". Normally, I like to choose gift items with things that I myself might like to receive, yet keeping my friends interests in mind, so I knew this would make a wonderful gift. Don and I browsed some more, and he purchased me a beautiful red fringed scarf with gold embroidery that says, "'Tis the Season to be Freezin'" and I love it! We also picked up a 3 pots of poinsettas!
Nothing says, "Christmas" more to me than poinsettas and christmas pine! I love the deep red, velvety leaves and the small golden blooms. Two will grace my small tree in the kitchen; while the other will be a hostess gift to my mom. Happy with our purchases, we headed to get us some dinner!

Arriving at the Cracker Barrel, we quickly browsed their gift shop. A lot of Christmas themed items were 50% off and some kitchen items were 40% off. I instantly feel in love with a 5" 3 pc. lighted Christmas Village and then, turned to see a beautiful oil bottle with an apple theme. I pointed them out to Don and asked if I could purchase one for Sheila. Her kitchen decor is all apples! Don loved it as well, so he turns to me and asks how I'd like to have the previously purchased items and we'd pick her up the apple decorated oil bottle and a matching cookie jar! I couldn't believe my ears!!! So, Merry Christmas to me and to Sheila! Of course, I'd love the gifts I had so heartfelt choosen previously for her and I know she is going to FLIP! when she opens these!!!

No comments: