Saturday, December 09, 2006

Brrrr and Bluurrrrr....

What a title for this post, LOL! However that is exactly how my week has been. Baby, it's cold outside!!! {Not so much today, but earlier this week --- it's been freezing!} A lot has happened in the last several days, since I last posted, so I will try to post an update....

On Wednesday morning, Don and I headed over to my parents as my Dad required a ride for his last eye doctor's surgery. He has been having cataract removal and lens replacements with one repair on an older eye injury. As Don and Dad set out to get him to his appointment, my Mom and I had coffee and a good time catching up with one another. We set about to putting up her small 4 foot Christmas tree, to discover most of her lights no longer worked. Thankfully, I had purchased a few strands this year thinking I'd decorate our front porch with garlands and lights --- which BTW, isn't gonna happen! Anyways, I made a telephone call to Don asking if he'd run to the house, pick up the light strands I'd purchase and bring them over for us. Shortly thereafter, he arrived with them and Mom and I set up and decorated their Christmas tree.

Normally, my Dad, sets up a strand of gold bell garland across their entertainment unit. Knowing he probably wouldn't be feeling up to much of anything, other than resting after the surgery, I set out to cleaning the entertainment center. Dusting, washing knick-knacks, ect. until it was done and decorated.

Don and I had quite a "To-Do" list, ourselves; however, I was hesitant to tackle going to WalMart to get out a layaway. I cringed thinking about it being the last day to do so and imagine what a mess that area of the store was going to be. Another reason to put it off, is there is a dead zone for cellular telephone service in that area... sometimes calls go out and come in... at other times, nothing. I worried about being in that area in case the hospital called with Dad's release time. So, I telephoned the hospital; checked in on him and his release time. {He wouldn't hear of us sitting there waiting; so we were at Mom's} Anyways, shortly after 3 o'clock, Don gets antsy! He can longer sit and wait; so he suggests that we run home and let Chaos out. So, we're heading to our home, when a pick-up truck backs out of a driveway and hits us!!! The driver of the pick-up couldn't see us due to a tree but I still was so angry! Although, I said very little...

Anyways, we are both alright! I got thrown forward, until the seatbelt caught, and threw me back against my seat; leaving a beautiful seat belt burn across my right shoulder and neck which I didn't notice for hours later. Having very little time after filing a police report, we headed back to my Mom's, so Don could drop me off to go pick up my Dad. After visiting with him for a few, we left to get Chaos outside for a minute, and ran to pick Amber up from work.

When all you have to drive is a '91 Ford Ranger, doing all of this is a major hassle; but you do it! Don had to drive me over to Chris's parents, leave from there to pick up Amber and return. While I was waiting at Chris's mom's; I was hoping to get to spend a few minutes with Alexxis, but unfortunately, she has been sick and was sleeping. As I talked to Nancy, {Chris's mom}, I noticed I was getting some muscle spasms in my back, and stiff and sore from the accident earlier. When Amber arrived, I mentioned needing to go to WalMart to get the layaway out and she also needed to go, so back into the truck we all went. {Had I known this earlier, I could have saved us some time and gasoline, but, oh well!} By this time, I can hardly move. Every step I took became painful! Nothing serious, just more of an aggrevation than anything else.

By Thursday, I am feeling a bit better; yet still stiff and sore, sporting a large seatbelt welt across my neck. I decide to get checked out by my chiropractor --- just to be safe rather than sorry. So, Friday morning, I got checked out. My neck and back are going to be fine! I just got a bit twisted when the seatbelt caught so a neck and back adjustment made me feel a whole lot better. I have one follow up appointment on Monday morning.

No comments: