Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Tinnies ....



I needed something to hold these candies and had originally intended to use some ziplock baggies and create a cardstock style bag topper. However, when I ventured out to the studio to grab the baggies, I literally stumbled over a box of tin vegetable cans that I had cleaned, thrown into a box, and toted out to the studio. That is when it hit me to create Christmas Tinnies! I used my xyron to adhere red cardstock and an evergreen pinking sheared banner upon which I matted some vintage Christmas Card images. To protect the recipients, I decided to tuck in some white tissue paper prior to filling them with some Christmas goodies: Hersey Kisses, Peanut Butter Bells, and a couple Candy Canes. I believe next year, I'll recreate them ahead of time so that I will be able to use my rubberstamps and do some gold and silver heat embossing to embellish them further. For now, I'm simply pleased that I stumbled upon the idea when I needed it!

No comments: