Friday, December 22, 2006

A Gift from a wonderful friend...



I belong to several online groups but there is one that is special to me because of the friends that I participate in online art swaps with, the caring and compassion that we have for one another, the quality of artwork that we swap, RAK, and gift one another with. I was extremely surprised when I suggested a Handmade Christmas Mingle on rather short notice and six of us decided to participate! We each made something handmade for one another and I have to tell you the gifts that I seen to date are extremely amazing!

The photograph above was my Handmade Christmas Mingle gift created by Deborah March. Deborah is one amazingly talented paper/mixed media artist who inspires me with everything she puts her lovely hands upon! Of course, this gift to me was no different!!!! Deborah's gift arrived in a cd-style holder to which she had attached a mailing label to the front side. I used scissors to slice through the tape to discover that she had created me a beautiful heart- shaped ornament with gold embossing and glitz! tucked carefully inside the cd-style interior.

Tied to the top of each arch of the heart is a beautiful gold ribbon for hanging. Dangling musical note charms, that are actually a beautiful pair of pierced earrings, are slipped over the left side of the hanger and dangle down and over the heart embellishing it further. At the bottom point of the heart and attached using a jump ring is a beautiful jewelry finding medallion with additional dangling matching beads and musical note charms. This could easily be removed and added to a necklace chain and worn as a necklace with the matching earrings! My attempt at describing this in no way reflects the beauty of this artwork!

Many, many Thank you's, Deborah for creating this for me. I will always cherish it as a token of our friendship and wear these proudly knowing these were created by such a warm and wonderful person! Merry Christmas, my friend.

No comments: