Thursday, December 21, 2006

So little time....

I completed our Christmas gift-giving shopping early this year in hopes that life wouldn't be so hectic the last several days before Christmas. However, all my good intentions are quickly falling by the wayside as I have a chiropractor appointment this a.m.; gotta tackle the crowd at the grocery store today or tomorrow so I can get started baking cookies; squeeze in a haircut and highlight appointment sometime within the next 3 days' and make a potatoe salad for a Christmas Eve get together on Sunday with my family, and wrap up a few last minute gifts.

Thankfully, my mom decided a simple lunch will work best so on the menu for Christmas Eve day is a cheese ball for an appetizer, ham sandwiches, potatoes salad, a waldorf salad, with dutch apple pies for dessert!

On Christmas day, Don and I have a lunch with his family and an out of town dinner with friends in the early evening! So, I can relate to hectic, LOL! However, I did find some time to slow down and enjoy life yesterday as I made us a homemade pizza for lunch. While the pizza was baking, I tossed up a meatloaf to put in the oven for our dinner.

Between taking frequent breaks, I managed to keep the kitchen cleaned up, and even made a trip out to the studio for some supplies for a quick little project! I don't have time to photograph them just yet, but I promise that I will and upload them later. Until then, tootles..........

No comments: