Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Another shot of the area I am currently focusing on...


My bookcases... I did a little re-arranging and I like the cleaner look since some of the 3 drawer storage containers have been moved and some of my favorite storage pieces are displayed more prominently upon the shelves. The corner where the door leads to more upstairs storage seemed a little stark white to me so I couldn't resist adding in my "Cathy Highland, Mixed Media Artist" easel that I once used for an art show in my friend, Becky's Rubber Stamp store. It filled the space with warmth and a sense of nostalgia... perfect for my old world traveler theme!

I am also considering painting! I know, I know... I said I didn't really need to paint but when I look at the space, I know now what I am desiring to do! However, since the idea was to organize and complete a small remodeling project, I think I may just wait for that a bit longer. Let the ideas brew for a bit more. {I'm envision some sort of warm brown, chocolate or mocha color on the wall with warm vanilla accents scattered somehow into the scheme of things. I also believe that I like to see my concrete floor black! There are certainly a lot of options: paint, carpet squares... things I'll need to consider once the remaining oganization is finished.}

Anyways, I hope you are enjoying being along on this adventure with me! All I can truly say is "What a ride!" {*big huge smiles*}

No comments: