Thursday, January 11, 2007

Good Morning! Is it my birthday yet?....

I am slowly waking up...{yawn, stretch, yawn..} Yesterday turned out to be an wonderful day! I accomplished so much in the studio, that this morning I am simply savoring the progress that I have made! I believe I could spend most of my morning sitting here looking at these pictures or better yet, sliding out the back door and slipping quietly through the yard to the door leading me there.

Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen for a while as there is a still quite a bit that requires my attention. However, each and every little thing that I am doing is getting me one step closer to what I am desiring for my studio to become. I still have a lot of decisions that need to be decided upon and work that needs to be done before the relaxing and enjoying stage of the journey begins. However, I am so pleased with my progress.

In the evening last night after Don returned home, we made the trek out to the studio together so that I could show him what I have finished so far. As I chatted along carelessly about more of my dreams for the space, I causually mentioned "and over here, I'd love to have a leather chair, an ottoman, and a small endstand just so I could sit, relax, put my feet up, read a magazine, rest, and/or become inspired." When Don suggested we go shop for one. I was in shock and disbelief, "Are you kidding?" I asked. Needless to say, several minutes later we were in Shawn's Jeep and on our way.

Having recently seen one in a color and style that I liked at Hobby Lobby, we headed there first. Upon arriving, my heart sank just a bit... the chair and ottoman were still there, but the price tag was much higher than I had seemed to remember! So, I quickly dismissed that idea and began browsing through the silk florals. A floral arrangement might be nice...

Anyways, as I continue meandering through the aisles, I ended up looking at shelving ledges, then into the pictures, frames, and photograph display aisles where I noticed a 50% off sign on prints. Thinking some new artwork would also spruce the studio up, I began looking and within minutes had three wonderful black and white Paris style prints in the cart, thinking to myself my mind raced about my miter box getting a workout as I create my own frames.

Next, I decided to head towards the front of the store to check out the clearance section, I meandered through yet another aisle where I spotted this huge black iron Eiffel Tower! And I do mean huge! This thing is like 2 1/2 feet tall. Needless to say, I was in LOVE at first sight!!! I picked it up and embraced it with not only my hands and my eyes, but with my heart. Asking Don, "isn't this cool?" I went to put it back on the shelf when Don asked me, "You're not leaving this here are you?" I was like, "Are you kidding? Did you see the price tag on that th`ang?" when Don told me to put it in the cart. Again not believing my ears, I quickly obeyed, smiling like a kid in a candy store.

Once we arrived at the clearance section of the store, I spotted another Eiffel Tower. This one a planter trellis... similar concept but 30% off; could be painted black... Hmmm, I thought, so I grabbed it meaning to inquire at checkout about the prices between the two. Another great find was a Fleur de Lis design element created out of a black resin. It is similar to, yet different than one I already own and cherish; add in the fact that it is a third of the original price tag, and into the cart it went. So, as I am pushing the cart on the way up to the checkout, reality hits! I am supposed to be shopping for the coveted leather chair and ottoman I really desired. At this point I am ready to ditch the cart and scramble towards the door. Don sees the "deer caught in the headlights" look upon my face and says, "Honey, will stop worrying, lets go purchase this stuff so we can get to shopping for your chair." So we did! Oh, and by the way, I did get the original Eiffel Tower for 30% off... seems they are clearancing that aisle out!

No comments: