Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Do you see this???



Can you believe it? I not only got the fabric washed, dried, and pressed, but I created two of the curtains for the bookbinding cabinet. I have enough fabric for one more curtain and a scrap piece of 45"x18". Talk about shrinking!!! But that is okay; I'm heading to WalMart to purchase more. Another yard and a half for my next curtain to finish the bookbinding table and possibly another 2 1/2" yards to create a few for the center island! I'm still thinking I'd like to do a matching pillow... the scrap above would make for a nice table runner.

Anyways, I am so stoked! I created these without a pattern and what little sewing experience that I have!!! Not bad, not bad at all!!! {{{big smiles}}}

***********************Edited to add*************************************************

I created the third curtain, use approximately half of the scrap piece to recover a 15" pillow I had laying around, and the remaining fabric is hemmed on all four sides for use as a table topper. I think I may just add a couple of small tassels to it and use it on the top of antique wood file drawers. I cannot believe that I accomplished all of these in 3 1/2 hours! Whoooo-hooo!!!!

No comments: