Thursday, January 11, 2007

Today ...

was spent with more organizing, moving, and removing; lots of everything. The tables that were once set up have again been cleared and removed. Boxes of supplies moved out of the way, only to be set down behind my bookbinding table. While floors and carpeting were swept, before the the carpeting could be rolled up, and then moved. We also managed to move the two additional cabinets and countertops into the space vs. out of it before a roadblock was hit!

The long section of the "L" cabinet and countertop both feature an outward angle that I'd like to have removed. The one end comes out almost a foot, hmmm maybe 8" or 9" or so, and meets in the center forming a centerpoint; while the opposite end is off on some crazy angle. I am choicing on err on the side of safety more than anything and have choosen not to be constantly running into that one pointed end. Another factor was Alexxis' safety should she ever be in the studio with me, I would hate to see her ever get injured because of something I could have prevented. It would simply be just a bit too easy for her to run her little face into that point as she grows.

The opposite end is intended to come off of the longer cabinet, forming an "L" shape but the crazy angel prevents the smaller section of the "L" cabinet with the showcases in the front side from lining up correctly. I'm not exactly certain what is up with that but I am happy to know that with some sawing and removing some sections, we can correct it. Thankfully, I have enough of the slatwall left to cap these two areas off once they are removed completely and the finishes will be of the same warm oak veneer.

I also decided that even though I will loose some of interior storage space, to slide the smaller cabinet back so that the side is nestled up against the interior of the other cabinet. By doing this, I am shortening up 29" on the longer 89" cabinet piece which will increase the actual space that I have available to work with in the room. It will also enable the outside portion of both cabinets to lined up flush, one against one another in the "L" shape. Are you lost yet???? {big grin.. you'll just have to trust me, it will all work out! ROFLOL!!!}

So being kind of at a stalemate with the cabinets and countertops, until my dad has some time to correct the above mentioned items, I worked for a just a bit in my office area. More moving, rearranging supplies and more boxes, before I spent some time spent lowering some of the shelving that runs along the entire length of the west wall. I've decided break up this area with the shelving. I'd also like to create at least one open area to hang one of my large prints that I just purchased and have yet to make a frame for. I am thinking that I'd like to stair step the shelves that will go on either side of this piece of artwork and utilize them to display more of my own artwork upon them. That is the new game plan anyways.

Finally around 4 p.m., I gave up and came in to get dinner created and on the table. After eating and cleaning up the kitchen, I was completely wiped out so I went to bed and slept for two hours. Trust me, I don't remember much after my head hit the pillow, LOL! It has been a lot of work but the results are worth every minute and all the effort that I have put into it.

Tomorrow, I am planning to get back out there, do some more organizing, rearrange some boxes, and maybe possibly be ready to tackle the interior workbench along the west wall. We shall see... I really don't have a clue about the time that this will take to do but it is something that I know I'll be a lot happier with once it is!

I'll try to remember to take the camera out with me and capture some images for you. I am certain that will help you understand more of what I am discussing and talking about. Anyways, the saga continues...

No comments: