Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Waiting for the dust to settle...

I didn't make it out to the studio until early this evening. Then, it was only to cover my paper racks with sheets so that Shane could cut the slatwall for us to the desire lengths needed for the wall. Don will be home from work soon, so we may yet make it out there to actual begin hanging it. I am so excited! I'm not to crazy about the dust part, however, I really feel that I needed to do a good, deep cleaning. At least now, I know that I will doing that! {smiles}

While Don is working this evening, I clipped some ideas and inspiration of what I am envisioning for the space out of my some my favorite Pottery Barn catalogs. Some of the clippings are color choices for paint (which won't be happening anytime soon as I am not ready to even begin thinking of painting it --- just some ideas for future reference for when I am.} while others are for display ideas, storage solutions, accents that I could re-create in artwork. You know, things that just seemed to keep catching my eyes because my heart embraced them.

I may just keep those clippings and design me a small book with notations of what my thoughts are and later, after the space is finished, add in some photographs of what I actually decide to do. I'm thinking that would be kind of fun and interesting, and it will be nice to see a comparision of the two. After finishing that and place those clippings lovingly into an envelope to cherish, my mind wandered off to some of the items that I currently own within the space that I'd love to spruce up and how I could go about that process. I'm thinking I may paint some wooden crates, while others will be stained, and what supplies I could store in them so that the area functions well for me. Of course, some of this could actual change but it was a good feeling thinking about it and considering those options. I think that is important to be thinking about so that I can utilize what I have vs. purchasing any additional items just yet.

The fact that I will soon have something to occupy my hands with while beautifying my space is an added bonus! You'll just have to trust me when I say, I have plenty of them!!! LOL! {Don't we all?} I am really begin to look forward to this project. I woke with a bounce in my step that has been missing for a while and it feels great to have something that I am so passionate about. Who would have thought I'd be passionate about the organizing process??? I can remember a time when I'd drag my feet just thinking about it, let alone taking the actual steps to walk out there. Now, it is as if a spark has been rekindled and has started a fire under my butt, LOL! I certainly hope it stays on fire and burns for quite a long time as I've lots to do ahead of me...thankfully my heart is embracing the process!

No comments: