Sunday, February 18, 2007

Don and I ventured out shopping today. A trip to the new Dollar Tree located out east of town. What a fun place to venture to and one day be able to explore with Alexxis! I picked up a few things there... my favorite a large ceramic egg to add a vintage scene inside and junk up with some ribbons and lace and various embellishments.

Then, a quick trip out to JoAnn's. I'll blame Deb for this one, as she mentioned that they had really cleaned the store up, so much she wondered if they were moving or going out of business soon. Anyways, I spent a bit more than I had intended while there, however it isn't all for me! It's the makings of a a birthday surprise for someone who has a birthday coming up in the next several months and something I've been desiring to do. After purchasing those items, I'd wished I'd picked up more items at the Dollar Tree that I seen. Another reason to go back soon, right? LOL!

What did I purchase for me? A few new spools of quilt thread, the fiber fill for Alexxis's quilt, a 18"x18" pillow form, some flat jewels, and 4 2 oz. bottles of paint for paper mache forms I've own for quite some time.

I did priced a few other items that I recently thought I'd like to create but I decided to wait to purchase them now and store them until I'm ready to use them. At least, I think I did something right!

On our return trip home, I made a quick jot into the grocery store for the fixings for dinner. I started us some home made spaghetti and garlic bread while putting everything else away and worked for a bit on the gift. Shortly after eating, I found myself waking up from a long nap on the couch. My neck and back have been causing havoc on the rest of my body so some rest was definately in order. I worry that this may quickly be becoming a new habit... one I really cannot afford to do every day if I desire to accomplish anything, LOL!

Well, there it is "our weekend"... simple, short, and sweet. Well, I'm off of here, to watch the season premiere of The Amazing Race!

No comments: