Saturday, February 17, 2007

Good Saturday Morning!

I'm here; feeling partially alive, although still half asleep... Last night was a great night. Remember I said I was going out to Deb's to play along with Deb, Jackie, and Christine? Well, I made it, barely... although, I'm afraid I wasn't real good company to be around. {I was struggling with a massive sinus headache and a backache from hell.}

It all began when I made my way out to the studio yesterday to round up some supplies to take along with me. Uncertain of what to take to make, I finally decided to knock out the new deco and to solder some old charms that I had previously made. As I started to pack up my Crop In Style XXL, I struggled again with what to take as these girls have just as much, if not more, than I do. It seemed everything I laid my hands upon was put back, as I figured someone had one handy, which is probably just as well. I ended up gathering up my soldering supplies, two container of embellishments - one silver and one gold, two containers of cardstock and printed papers, some alpha's, some unmounted stamps. Before I knew it I had my bags packed and was ready to go. I struggled to get my XXL out of the studio and into the house along the recently shoveled path and up the stairs to the deck and finally inside. Once Christine arrived, we got my stuff loaded into her car but not before the cold night air and the weight of the totes wrecked havoc on my body and soul.

Upon arriving, I unpacked and began to work on soldering my previously made charms. I have to say soldering is definately something I need to work more on. My most recent attempts were nothing to really write home about. The leaning over, working with both hands, trying to hold the charm, the solder, and the soldering iron and the smell of molten solder irritated the be-jesus out of my sinuses, while the positioning took their tole on my previously injured neck and shoulders and flared up my low back pain.

I spent the majority of my time admiring their recent handiwork, and working on my own deco. Deb had previously created a combination glass chandelier windchime created with photographs that was absolutely breathtaking. Jackie's been into flower making using punches and a touch of dry embossing that makes the most gorgeous wreaths, and Christine worked on creating some collages and soldering them together fabulously using some wire works to embellish them further. Earlier in the day I had thought about taking my digital camera but was afraid of dropping or banging it up so I opted out of that one. I also tuckered out earlier than expected.

These girls are night owls! Working steadily until the crack of dawn, while I'm normally in bed at 11 p.m. and up at 4, LOL! But all in all, I had a good time considering how lousy I actually felt. Deb ended up bringing me home around 4 a.m. Too early in the morning for me, although I was beginning to capture my second wind! I would so love to do this again... maybe next time I'll be feeling better!

Oh, I did sign up for the March 9th and 10th out of town crop with them. I learned that I really need to do some planning on what I want to work on before hand. So, I'm thinking I really want to spend the next several weeks preparing for that; gathering up a variety of projects to work upon.

No comments: