Monday, February 19, 2007

It's been a busy, busy Monday!

My feet hit the ground the running a little after 4 a.m. this morning. Of course, I enjoyed a quiet morning spend browsing online, visiting some of my favorite blogs, checking my email, and visiting a few favorite places. It amazes me how fast that time goes as the sun creeps further and further in the morning sky. It wasn't long before I was heading out the door for my chiro appointment, which was a most welcomed and necessary visit.

Afterwards, Don and I made a trip into our Goodwill. I love thrift shopping and have been meaning to check out our new Goodwill store. Well, I suppose it isn't too new... just a been in a new to me location for over a year and believe it or not I'd not been there. I desired to venture in today in search of some velvet clothing to destruct for a crazy quilt; however, the clothing I saw was in too good of shape to be destructing and by the time I purchased 2-3 pieces, I may as well just buy a yard of new. Oh well, it isn't a project that I have to start right away --- just one those I want to do this one of these days type of thing... so I'll wait. I did browse, and browse, amazed at what is all available for purchase, especially items for altering. However, my common sense won me over and I limited myself to a few favorite finds.

I found an awesome vintage white table cloth with six matching napkins for $4. It will look great on my rear kitchen table ---- when the sewing machine isn't in use there {grin}. I found a 12-14" metal key --- perfect for either my studio or use in our garden this summer. I also noticed a lot of planters that I would like to pick up at a later date should I need any more than those I currently own. I decided to wait and see once it warms up a bit more to determine what I already have stored in the carport. My fab find was......... are you ready for this? A beautiful six drawer wood dresser with a matching mirrored hutch!!! For $79.oo!!!! I was like you're kidding me, right? Well, there went a large chunk of my birthday money, but I cannot wait to sand down the top to remove a few deep scratches or maybe even recover it with some ceramic tiles. I've paid for it up front and the store will hold it for us for seven days while we wait for the snow to melt before attempting to haul it home. I'll have to get into Alexxis's nursery and rearrange and remove a small dresser and bookcase so we'll have a place for it. I am so stoked with my find and I think she'll love it!!!

Once home, once again, the recent adjustment or the habit of an afternoon nap caught up with me. I returned to bed to wake up at 4 p.m. not believing the time. I asked Don why he didn't wake me up and he said he had fallen asleep too. So, we began rushing around, throwing in laundry, dusting, vacuaming the bedroom, and re-made the bed. I tackled the dishes from last nights dinner and moved on to the living room while allowing those to air dry. As I worked, Don dried and put away the dishes... Anyways, we sort of tagged teamed things into a presentable shape however, I'm far from being done.

I need to head out to the studio here in just a minute, I've got to finish the last remaining Surprise in a Box swap. I know, I know, I been saying this...... but time the pressure's really on!
I'm thinking I'll just gather up the Gothic Swap pieces and bring them back in with me to assemble inside tonight while taking a break from cleaning the bathroom and tackling the hardwood floors. See, I told you, I've been busy, busy....... and I'm not done yet!!!

No comments: