Tuesday, March 20, 2007

CQ For Newbies - Squishie Mingle



As an example, my “Squishie” for this mingle contains the following:
• 7” square of 14 ct. adia cloth;
• a generous piece of muslin;
• cotton fabrics: 1 solid, 1 batik, and 5 prints --- three of them small and two paisleys;
• satin – one of the following colors: dark purple, lilac, and a sparkly teal blue;
• my first attempt at creating a siggie – although the image is faint;
• 4 white cotton fabric pieces using stamped images created with acrylic paint and fabric medium for embroidering upon;
• 1 yd. of lace;
• 3 color coordinating full skeins of DMC floss;
• 3 bobbins of silk ribbon – two 4mm and 1 7mm:
• 1 yd. or more of perle cotton
• a small baggie filled with seed beads, pearls, crystal beads, charms, coins with holes, ribbon, silk flower and leaf, and colored buttons.

3 comments:

liannallama said...

wow! You amaze me with how much you can accomplish! I love your quilt stitches, especially the fan stitch! And whoever gets your mingle will be so excited!

Your house looks so cozy and nice!

Cathy said...

Ahh, Thank you, Sweetie. I decided at the end of last year that I was going to stop sitting and thinking about all that I desire to do and start doing them. Not that I don't have those moments of procrastination, we all do, I just try to keep pushing myself through them, doing what I can, when I can, provided the opportunity arises.

Susan said...

That will be a great squishie. I'm very tempted to join in, but I'm not sure I have everything I'd need, and I have no place to shop at the moment. =)