Wednesday, March 21, 2007

While the "cat" is away...



visiting one of the warehouses for the store this morning, I experimented with something I've been dying to try. I used one of my favorite Anna Griffith rubber stamps and Stewart Superior's Black India Ink to stamp the image onto a piece of satin fabric. I choose the India Ink mainly because it is designed for quick drying for watercoloring so I thought maybe it would be an excellent choice for stamping onto my fabric. And was I ever right! I gotta admit that I was impressed with the crispness of the image. After setting it aside, just long enough to put away my stamp and inkpad, I was soon digging out my embroidery hoop, floss, and scissors to create this beauty above. I am desiring to use it in my next crazy quilt experiment of creating a heart to hang in the "pass through" niche. A small heart would offer just enough to keep experimenting with my stitching, as well as providing me with a beautiful home accent to display in my sewing/stitching space. I cannot wait to create some more stamped on satin images to embroidery, I found it so relaxing and a great way to start my day.

No comments: