Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Last, but certainly not least, Don's space within the room...



You didn't think that after rearranging all this room for me that I would leave him out, did you? No way! Not after all his help yesterday anyways. This is "his" chair. Having been born with CP, we quickly discovered that the recliner would not withstand his use of lifting himself up with his upper body and arms so before any damage was done we replaced the recliner with this chair for his use. He loves its sturdy arms and finds getting up out of it so much easier. We have two matching ottomans that complete the living room suite but Don and I prefer them in our bedroom as the space seems too closed in with them in here. {Although, I miss having them to curl my feet up upon... I now have the recliner...}

The beautiful picture on the wall above is one that I have from years of selling Home Interior and Gifts. It was a hostess purchase and I was instantly drawn to its French country style and of course, I wanted the matching figurine! The candle within the wine glass was created by my dear daughter, Amber, when she was in the 6th grade of school. I can remember when it was created like it was yesterday as she had forgotten that they would be creating them in Arts and Crafts that day and needed to telephone me at home to please bring me a container. Un-prepared, I grabbed the first thing that I thought she could utilize and took it to school for her. She was the envy of all her friends when this candle was created and who knew years later that candles within wineglasses and beverage containers would become so popular? I've treasured it for years because my little girl is not so little anymore with a family of her own. I pray that one day little Miss Alexxis will bless her with something that means just as much to her as this candle means to me. And the barn star.... I loved them from the first moment I saw them, but lack of room to display one lead me to purchasing this smaller one. I love it, though, regardless of its size.

Well, that is it, the tour is over but please stay tuned to reading my blog there's more creative endeavors of one sort or another to come, I promise.

1 comment:

Thelma said...

What a wonderful keepsake to have from your child. Expecially now since she is grown with children of her own.