Saturday, March 17, 2007

Easing into the weekend...

On Thursday, I found myself being comforted by an overnight visit with yours truly, little Miss Alexxis. It has been quite a while since I have been able to have any quality time with her due to my upper back and neck. I've so missed her! She arrived full of smiles and ever so bubbly, cranky but precious, although not without a good reason. At 10 1/2 months old, she's cut her first molar! Which I managed to capture with my digital cam but haven't managed to transfer them to the computer just yet. We had a wonderfully long visit, laughing and playing. One of her new games is Peek-a-Boo with a twist; since learning to crawl, it is a game to find some piece of furniture in which to crawl to and hide behind or beside, then peek at you. When I'd say "peeka-boo", her entire spirit seemed to light up and grammy was greeted with a lot of smiles and giggles! We played with her car, in the tub, had a "tickle time" and she now even attempts to tickle me back, LOL! Pictures of "Miss Adorable" soon, I promise. After returning, Alexxis over to Daddy's care at her Grandma Nancy's on Friday evening, I spent the rest of my evening enjoying the effects of a few Advil and resting up.

I woke up feeling fresh and well-rested today, a bit stiff and sore, but it seems to be easing up as I got moving cleaning the kitchen and bathroom. Don helped me move the small kitchen table back into my living room and I slid the drysink into its old place within the kitchen before sweeping and mopping the hardwood floors. Next on my agenda is to attempt to clean and re-arrange half of my living room, organize all my sewing supplies, and establish a place for me to work on my crazy quilts. Rearranging has been an ongoing theme lately as we made room for the new to use dresser and hutch in Alexxis's room, removed the previous chest located there into an alcove in the hallway which freed up an adjustable bookcase that currently driving me nuts in our bedroom.

I'm considering moving it into the living room sliding it against the north wall, placing my small round table in front of it allowing room to remove some of my books and supplies with a recliner placed next to it but out of the way of the bookcase. Who really knows, I may just ditch the small round table and relocate it elsewhere. I often wish our living room was about 8' wider, until I consider all the additional space I'd have to clean, LOL! Somehow, it will all work itself out, I certain. Well, I'm off of here to experiment..... wish me the best! {smiles}

No comments: