Monday, March 12, 2007

I'm back at home....


after having had a wonderful time while away this past weekend. We arrived at the motel shortly after 3 p.m., checked in, settled in our rooms, and in the conference room. This photograph was during that process and is mild compared to how the room looked 12 hours later, LOL! From left to right is Jackie, Michelle, Christine, me, and Deb.

In the evening on Friday, we made a run into Joann's to catch their 50% scrapbook supply sale to purchase items none of us really needed, LOL! But how could we resist? I purchased a pad of Basic Grey Motifa which I quickly set out to using on a coffee filter book that I started by have yet to finish before I turned my attention to creating my cards. Friday night was a very late night. Christine and I were actually were granted a prize for being the last two standing as we didn't retire until 4:30 a.m.

We woke up at 9 a.m. on Saturday, snacked on a continential breakfast by the pool before starting back in again and another long day and night. Near midnight on Saturday, I could not hang anymore, so I packed up and loaded up my supplies and retired only to discover sleep escaped me until somewhere around 3 a.m. when I feel asleep in front of the TV.

I didn't manage to work on my crazy quilt --- although I did try my hand at the fabric heat transfers. That worked great although my images were quite a bit lighter and I remembered Pat's tutorial saying to copy them about two times darker. Now I know why... although I still enjoyed creating and I will use them. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and I bet I won't forget that one again, LOL! All in all, I think we all enjoyed ourselves even if the time seemed to fly right on by.

Christine dropped me off shortly around 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, I was so happy to be home! It's nice to go away for away.... but it is pure heaven to come home! to be surrounded by your own things, welcomed by the people who love and miss you. Needless to say, after settling in, getting some lunch, I needed a nap, LOL! I woke to the telephone ringing when Sheila invited Don and I over for dinner and of course, I accepted --- I was too tired to cook! We did, however, make an early night of it and returned home early. It wasn't long afterwards that I was in my pj's and in bed.

I also received some good news while I was gone... during a telephone call to Don while he was working the store on Saturday, my dad came in and spoke with me on the phone while Don finished up with a customer. He got our Jeep Cherokee running!!! Putting in a new head and replacing gaskets, cleaning cylinders, and whatever else he did --- it worked!!!! We haven't actually picked it up yet as Dad is tuning it up completely and doing some additional things to it but we will have it back soon!

No comments: