Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The opposide of our living room....



After working on my sewing and stitching area, I desired to rearrange our living room to add some balance to the two rooms that function more as one. Some of the changes are the use of the adjustable bookcase that I discoved a few years ago on clearance at Office Depot for $13 each. Needless to say, I purchased both of them as that was what was available. We utilize one within the kitchen and an shelf that wasn't needed added to this piece so that I put one set of three shelves in front of another so that it would wide enough to hold our electronics. My stationery case, address book, calenday, an a box of label resides on the bottom shelf keeping them handy for snail mail correspondance. The loveseat, endstands, and chairs were simply moved from one wall to the opposite wall requiring little effort to rearrange. {Hey, I can say that as Don moved them, LOL!} I like how the window is now open and the rearrangement provides more of a balance and unified appearance to the room. Do you see that blank wall space above the electical appliances --- perhaps one day I'll fill it with my desired appliqued wallhanging that I've yet to create.

No comments: