Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The lovely Jelly Cabinet...



provides me room to store my fabrics. I do not have a large collection YET as I recently began purchasing fabric after receiving my sewing machine as a Christmas present this past year from my wonderful fiance, Don. I love how the fabrics are stored nicely within it and are within easy reach when I desire to utilize them. Thankfully, our kitchen table is large enough to comfortably cut them using my Fiskar's cutting mat and rotary cutter set --- which I've stored behind the tablecloth up against the wall of my sewing table. Out of sight, but not out of mind.

The fabrics on the top shelf left side are the fabrics I chose for creating my first quilt. Alexxis quilt that I began is stored there and I am considering adding one more row of blocks to balance the width with the height. On the right is the stack of fabrics I recently purchased for creating me a crazy quilt throw for use within the studio and began me on my journey exploring more and more. I hope to one day be comfortable enough creating blocks and stitching them to get started on that project. I'm certain that I'll be adding to the pile as I discover fabics that I desire to add. One lesson I learned is that for CQ'ing I don't necessarily need to purchase a half or full yard of fabric --- a 1/4th or an 1/8th will be plenty! On the bottom and housed within a photo box is scraps that I've kept for creating CQ blocks and learning purposes. There's probably enough there to create a matching scissor holder for my CQ journal and possibly a pillow, hence the 18" pillow form.

No comments: