Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Sunday Adventures

I had a great day on Sunday! Early in the day, Don and I took a trip to Polaris Parkway and made a quick stop into Michael's. I searched for silk embroidery thread since I knew JoAnn's no longer carried it, and discovered that they have very little of it either. I only managed to find an Anna Griffith kit titled the Old Paris Palette Two that contained 10 yds of a variety of colors in 4mm ribbon, four yards in 7mm, and a variety of floss for an additional 14 yds, and a beautiful hand charm. I also checked out their storage solution options before finally deciding to purchase DMC's Stitch Bow™ Organizing and Storage System. I decided on two packages of the Floss Holders, picked up the DMC labels for the color numbers, and a storage case. along with two additional packaged kits of DMC floss. I also purchased a Susan Bates 4" lipped hoop and a 6" spring style hoop there. and a new pair of embroidery scissors. I have a pair but haven't used them in so long, I couldn't tell you how sharp that they'd be. I believe all of those will come in handy for some pieces I desire to embroidery or embellish before starting on new CQ blocks. We'll see....

At JoAnn's, I purchased a 1/2 yd. of heavy white bridal satin and two 1/4 yd. of a blue and a deep purple. I found another silk in a beautiful blue with silver sparkles and got a 1/4 yd. of it as well. While browsing, I found a 30% sign on sewing boxes and discovered one that I liked before moving on to selecting more embroidering floss. Let's just say I practically grabbed one or two of almost every color they had, LOL! After paying for my purchases, Don decided he'd like to stop for dinner at the Texas Roadhouse before we drove over to Sheila and Dennis's, so we enjoyed a nice, quiet dinner and a drive from Polaris to Galion afterwards.

We arrived at Sheila and Dennis's shortly after 6 p.m., spent some time catching up, having coffee, and enjoying one another's companied. We decided the four of us would love to do a few day trips with one another this coming summer and discussed places we'd love to visit and things we'd like to do. While there, Don paid Dennis for a dry sink that Sheila decided she wanted to get rid of and I discovered why she is desiring to get rid of all these wonderful wood furniture pieces that Dennis creates. Dennis is going to be working on a oak hutch for her complete with plate shelves, glass doors, and interior lighting! She is also desiring to add the two leaves back into her dining room table, and put in a breakfast bar between the kitchen and dining room where the wall is already open. She went on and on telling Dennis that he has to come back down and see our home since I painted the kitchen and we've laid the hardwood flooring in the living room, she really loved it. To hear her talk you'd think our home was a spread right of BH&G's featured showcase, LOL! It made me feel good that she found our home so warm and inviting. She loves my decorating style, although, it is somewhat similar yet different from her own. We also discovered that we both have a love of antique furniture although neither of us have very many pieces within our homes. Maybe we'll have to rectify that this summer with some visits to some antique malls and shops.

Anyways, before we knew it was 8 o'clock and time to make our way back home to settle in for the night. After getting Chaos outside, the new dry sink inside, it wasn't very long afterwards we were in our jammies and settled in for an early night of rest.

No comments: