Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend Update...

Here is a not so good pic of the garden clotches we purchased at Oakland Nursery a while back. I assure you the eggs are a pretty shade of robin egg blue! It is really hard to capture them in the kitchen, especially on the glass table top. It is always a challenge determining where to safely display things within our home with Chaos, our dog, and Alexxis, the grandbaby, who is growing by leaps and bounds, and visiting often but I wouldn't really desire it any other way! I tried to insert one of my favorite bird figurines into the large clotch, however, it wouldn't fit so I placed the large nest with eggs in it for now. Later I'll gather up a bird figurine from the studio to replace it with. Anyways, it adds a perfect touch of Spring to our kitchen decor and the eggs go well with the chicken/rooster decor.

Gary arrived with some additional cable line for me late Saturday evening. however, we had to make a trip out to Radio Shack earlier today to purchase some coaxial couplers to join the two together. Now I will be able to finish working and rearranging the living room early this upcoming week. I promise to take an updated photograph of what I get established for a sewing and stitching area. I'm certain I'll be happy and more comfortable with whatever I come up with.

Unable to sleep last night, I got up and worked more on my CQ into the wee hours of the morning. It is coming along nicely and I am continuing to learn little lessons along the way. Like how to shift the fabric around within my hands while sewing along the seams, how the tension of each stitch changes the appearance, and how to sucessfully use my non-dominant hand to guide the thread and floss as I work. I attempted several new stitches, without practicing on adia cloth and working directly on my crazy quilt without too much stress. Although, attempting to create a fan out using a blanket stitch created a few problems which resulted in my taking out the stitches and starting over again. I finally figured out that I needed to start at one edge vs. in the center of the design and it began to come together sucessfully. Besides adding the blanket fan, I layered a herringbone stitch in another color for contrast over an existing herringbone stitch. I like how it looks and I tried my first chevron stitch before switching back to using the blanket stitch around the remaining section of the block. As I stitched I believe I came up with an idea on how I desire to line it, creating the slipcover to slide my stitching journal within so that I can replace it with a new journal as I begin filling them up. This will allow me to keep whatever journal I'm currently working in within this slipcover and beautifully displayed out in the open. Anyways, I'll photograph it again soon to share, as I worked I began getting sleepy so early in the morning, I returned to bed for a few hours of sleep before waking again and starting my day.

Don and I puttered around the house, cleaning once again, finishing up a few loads of laundry. Isn't it amazing how much there is do and keep up with in a home? And, to think there are only two of us! It seems I'm always cleaning, organizing, re-arranging something lately. I couldn't imagine a larger family living living under one roof although I've been there and done that and never really put much thought into it, I just did it, and never had the time for all the creative pursuits I do now, LOL! Around mid-day, I began cooking us up a wonderful dinner of baked pork chops, homemade scalloped pototoes, and green beans to enjoy in the evening.

We ventured over to the fairgrounds to attend The Rolling Acres Craft show before heading out to the mall to purchase the coulers. There were quite a bit of vendor's there, having filled both the Coleseum and another building. Lots of handmade items from wood, tole painting, fabrics, and country home decor. We purchased a few smaller items, a handcarved wood swan to add to the overhead shelf in my kitchen, another skeleton key to add to my collection, and a couple of flicker silicon covered lightbulbs. I have some small electric candle lamps and shades packed away somewhere that I'd one day dig out and display once again. I resisted the urge to purchase a nice medium sized 3 shelfed wooden bookcase. As I sit here and type, I wonder why, LOL! It was a steal at the $35.00 price tag. Then it hits me, that we had we had payments due and they have to come first. Darn it! Oh well, we'll make due with what we have and somehow it will all work itself out in the end. I often wonder what life would be like if money wasn't such a factor. Would I be happier? I know I'd be a lot busier, LOL! as I'd certainly have more to take of... maybe simplicity is bliss! Lord knows my mind can conjour up more than my hands are capable of doing. {smile}

No comments: