Sunday, March 04, 2007

Weekend Wildness


I am not sure what I did to deserve these but I am not complaining in anyway whatsoever! On Thursday, Don surprised me with a dozen red roses and on Friday, another dozen of white ones! Aren't these beautiful? The filled vase is now on my kitchen counter and I cannot resist the urge to stop and smell the roses every time I walk by.

On Friday evening, I was away cropping from 6 p.m. until the wee hours in the morning! I didn't make it home until a bit after 5:30 a.m. Saturday
morning. Deb, Jackie and Christine are certainly die-hard paper artists. Deb and Jackie both work third shift, so they are used to these crazy hours. This "morning" girl's butt was dragging yesterday, after only 4 hours of sleep. Let's just say that I made it a very early night when turning in last night, LOL!

I didn't get a lot accomplished Friday night; my mind was reeling with all the possibilities of CQ'ing so I complete a stamp index of the unmounted I had with me and then created three altered microscope slides which are waiting to be soldered.

Christine was telling me that I have to see a crazy quilt that she has in her possession. It was a gift to her from her mother who managed to purchase a late 1800's crazy quilt somewhere for only $1.oo. I couldn't believe what I was hearing - she's kidding me right? I definately will have to make it out to her home to see this and trust me, I'll be taking my camera along so that I can share photographs taken of it. I'm certain she wouldn't mind, or maybe she'll share it on her own blog, if she's still blogging, and I can link to it.

Any ole' how, as my friend Sheila would say, I spent some time yesterday afternoon reviewing how to transfer photos, clipart, and vintage images from Pat's website and making notes of what I will need to have to try my hand it. Shortly afterwards, I made my way out to the studio to gently caress my myrid of supplies as I sorted through them, separating what I currently
own for CQ use, and prepared those supplies to take with me on my upcoming weekend retreat. As I am still healing from an early December car accident which I sustained a mild case of whiplash, I am welcoming the thoughts of packing fabric, lace, charms, beads, and a variety of other supplies simply because I am hoping that they will be so much more lightweight. {That is vs. paper crafting supplies and rubber stamps. You can remind me I said that after I return, LOL!} I sat and laughed Friday as I watched Christine, Deb, and Jackie pack up their supplies to take along. Deb's container count totalled seven, Christine's totalled six, and Jackie's I'm not sure about. I gently teased them saying, "Do you realize that it is only one weekend?" then proceeded to inform Christine of needing room for me and my bags, LOL!

After doing a bit more research, I am hopeful that I will make a decision on what I want to create my first block to embellish. So that I can assemble it and maybe a few more before I leave on Friday. I gotten this crazy notion in my head that I should create my first block with a pre-intended purpose for its use. So, I'm considering creating either a scissors or needle case, or starting a journal cover for all these CQ notes, ideas, and inspirations I've been discovering and collecting. I also loved a supply box that I saw somewhere... it was a cigar box that the lid had been created CQ style and was used to hold supplies. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, I'd love to post a link to it.

No comments: