Saturday, April 07, 2007

Friday, continued...

Our next stop was Kroger's for groceries. As I ran in and began my shopping, Don took the telephone bill to be paid and would catch up with me. This is the first time that I had stepped foot in this particular Kroger location since I had quit working there over a year before. It felt sort of strange being there. I couldn't get over how much the store had changed! Aisles had been redone, new ones and new areas had been added, while others areas of the store, such as the bakery, had be re-located. The first person I ran into, that I knew from working there, was the store manager. In fact, it was during a conversation with him that Don and I had while shopping there in preparation for the upcoming Christmas holiday and preparations for his then-to-be knee replacement surgery that had lead me to put in an application for employment in the first place! His warm welcome and brief conversation with me helped to put me at ease as I continued on my way. About half-way through with my shopping list, Don caught up with me, and together we continued obtaining items on the list. As we shopped I thought shopping lists are funny. I often create them, then forget them at home, and I wondered why it is that we can never seem to sticking to just getting what is on the list, LOL! Anyways, we picked up more than we intended but all is good; it will save me from having to make another trip in the near future.

After checking out, returning home, putting things away, I set my sights on heating up some leftovers and making up some fresh veggies. We enjoyed a wonderful little lunch and I finally found an opportunity to sit down to rest. My back was aching just a bit, so after a few advils later, I found myself laying on the loveseat, covered with a throw, and barely able to keep my eyes open. After a short and much needed nap, we were off and running once again to provide my dear daughter, Amber, a ride to work.

You'd think by now, I'd realize how dangerous this is, LOL! Intenting only to run in and spend a few minutes with little Miss Adorable, Alexxis, while Amber got her things gathered up, I quickly found myself saying, "Yes, I'll take her home with me to give Daddy a break." My head knows this isn't such a good idea with my back and neck acting up but my heart says, "You know you can't resist!" So, Amber and I pack her up and get going. After dropping her off at work and returning home once again, Alexxis and I settle in. I had definately forgotten what a handful she can be. "Squiggly-wiggly", as I've now affectionaly and light-heartedly knick-named her was all over me! Laughing, smiling, snuggling, hugging, and blowing kisses at G-ma. Needless to say, I so enjoyed the time I spent with her. I loved every little moment no matter how much pain and hard work it was to do it. And, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Alexxis is soon to be One year old! Her birthday is fastly approaching on April the 28th. I don't know where the time has went but it has been a joy, a treasure to cherish, and more happiness than I could have ever imagined. Sometimes, I swear the love that I feel is more than my heart is able to hold. Her sunny disposition, infectious smile, laughter, and chatter lights up my entire world. When I have her, she has my full attention, I'm simply captivated by watching and playing with her as I don't want to miss one little moment! It amazes me to watch as her personality emerges more and more each day that passes. She is quite the little character and trust me, she knows it! After playing long and hard, making a mess all over the house, we finally settled in as she began to fight off sleep. A fresh bottle, blanket, and G-ma's loving arms was all she needed to finally feel safe and secure, knowing all was perfect in her little world as she drifted off to sleep. As I laid her down beside me on the loveseat, cuddling up next to her soft, warm, and amazing little body, I knew everything was perfect in my world as well. I cannot even begin to describe just how precious that moment felt, but if I had to sum it all up, the words would be "pure bliss!" I took a moment to Thank God for the blessing he has brought into my life and wondered how I could not have ever imagined how this moment would feel. It truly amazes me and each one seems more precious than the last.

As the evening progressed and Alexxis woke from her "power nap", Don returned home from work shortly afterwards. Alexxis's love for him is displayed ever so proudly throughout her entire body. She loves him. Loves making faces, flirting, and excitedly crawls and reaches for him. She's now pointing her little index finger and opening and closing her hand repeatedly when she wants something and this time she wanted her Papa. It was mesmerizing to watch the two of them together. Laughing, playing, enticing one another. Alexxis also loves music and singing of all kinds, types, and styles and after squirming off of Papa lap, she stops dead in her tracks as he begins singing, "I've got sun-shine, on a cloudy day... when it's cold out-side, I've got the month of May," {Alexxis's face lights up. She's now captured by him...}"I guess you'd say, what can make me feel this way?... My girl... talking 'bout my girl" {And she just beams!} I so love that! Him singing to her and her being completely absorbsed and feeling like the most precious and special little girl in the entire world.} And you know that, she is! {VBG... of course, I'm partial to her!}

No comments: