Thursday, April 12, 2007

Just a quick update...

The last several days, I've been doing some light housework and reading while resting. I found myself loving to be reading once again. Somehow, I'd forgotten what it was like to curl up on the love seat, with a refreshing drink, comfy in pj's and covered in a throw, and spending some time with a good book. It turned out to be a wonderful way to spend the rainy day we had yesterday.

I've been reading Danielle Steele's book, "The Ghost" which is absolutely amazing! Every spare minute has been spent enjoying it and my favorite author. While reading her wonderful writing, my mind conjures up all sorts of visual images and I found myself desiring to one day create an altered book or even a crazy quilt block using one of her books as my theme. I figured I could create some collages from my imagination and conjured up images along with using a mixed of her printed text of my favorite passages. It would certainly be ever so cool for a book; while printed images on fabrics would lend themselves wonderfully to a quilt block. Unfortunately, I realized, both of those ideas have to go on my "one these days" list of things to create. I quickly realized that as Spring progresses, and I continue to heal, the days will be longer and I'll have an over-abundance of things to do. That thought lead me to thinking about some of my WIP's and WISP's that I already have going, along with my desire to learn more and more about crazy quilting and stitching.

As I sat, I remembered my Ribbonsmyth order hasn't arrived, so I checked on it via email. I was a little disappointed to learn that it wouldn't be shipping until the 16th and that the 4mm dyable silk ribbon is currently on back order. It will ship as soon as it comes in. I soon realized it was a blessing in disguise, as I have quite of bit of things that are requiring my attention now, I certainly wouldn't be getting to exploring silk ribbon dying any time soon without having to put off something else. So, I decided to review my current, "To Do" list. I currently have quite a bit going on: There's:

* the box to be filled and mailed to my sister, Mary, for her birthday;
* the Deco for the OFP group to prepare for mailing;
* the RAK of the Kitten and Mitten's wall hanging to send to Christy;
* the "Squishie Mingle" to package and get sent --- along with a reminder to the group to post.
* and silk ribbon and needlepoint kits to gather up for my mom, along with seeing if she'd desire to use the fabric and pattern I purchased for creating an outfit for Alexxis to sew. Not to mention, having her assist me with the needlework pillow so I can begin to work on it. (Thankfully, that project is for me, so it can become a WISP.)
* I've also an "In The Garden" ATC swap to begin working on.

Anyways, my point is that I've decided to finish these things up before I decide on anything else to do or create. Making that decision was like being given a new lease on my creative life! LOL! It certainly didn't assist with keeping my mind off of creating. I began to think of all that I want to do... finish cleaning and organizing my studio; purchasing more fabric for my "one day I want to create" crazy quilt throw; all the small projects that I'd like to make to assist me with learning the stitches I'd need to finish such a large project.

I decided I should think that through a bit more before I start on it. What do I want the final project to be like? What is it that I'm seeing in my mind's eye that I want it to become? I realized some things, while others are still escaping me, so I believe I'm going to give this some time to brew for a bit. In the meantime, I've decided to write my thoughts and ideas for down in my journal for future reference. I did come to a few conclusions: that I want to re-visit The Good Wives Company out on Cascade Drive. They have a wonderful shop, filled with country and primitive decor and fabrics! I realized that since I've chosen to create my quilt in a vintage color scheme that the fabric offerings they have would lend themselves perfectly to the project I have in mind. So, later today, Don and I will make a trip out there.

As the day progressed yesterday, my grumbling stomach brought me back to reality. Don has been so patient with me, lounging, relaxing, and healing, that I began to feel a bit guilty for not spending more time with him. So, I suggested that I get dressed and we make a short road trip out of town for dinner. Discussing our possibilities, we finally decided on visiting "The rusty Bag of Nails" restaurant in Delaware for a shared fish sandwich and a house salad. Both of us so enjoy their restaurant, everything from the vintage-style decor filled with black and white photographs of days gone bye to the design of their menu. Not to mention, that their food is delicious! So we set out for a wonderful dinner and time spent together. Afterwards, we returned to Marion, made a quick stop to pay a couple more of our monthly bills, and I decided to make a quick run into JoAnn's fabrics, which turned out to be not-so-quick. Kevin, the manager, and a new friend who we'd recently had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife recently at our local Moose lodge and had spent a wonderful evening with recently, was working. Within minutes, Don and Kevin where chatting away, like old friends, while I browsed. I picked up the current issue of Somerset Studios mag and made my way to search for the Spring stickers that went with the card stock package and printed papers I'd previously purchased. My though was to use them to finish up the cards I'd started creating. I was a bit disappointed not to find them in stock as they'd previously sold out, so I made a mental note to look for them at another location. Since Don and Kevin were still chatting, I browsed through the store, looking at fabrics for adding to my quilt project. That was when, I was reminded that I desired to check out The Good Wives Co. again, so I ventured off again browsing. I stumbled upon a display that had the mini-clover irons on it and was stoked to see that it was on sale. I'd been desiring one and at $10 off, I decided to purchase one. I think it will come in handy as I begin to practice with some applique techniques. Perhaps, on some small fabric ATC's and postcards, created CQ style they'd also lend themselves to me practicing my stitching. So, that is where my thoughts are now ---- finishing up what I've started and then, starting on some small projects, while pondering a bit more on the larger ones. Hopefully, I've have something to share soon. {*waves*}

No comments: