Monday, April 16, 2007

Making preparations...

The past several days have been spent cleaning our home, cooking home cooked meals, relaxing, and enjoying one another's company. Together, Don and I accomplished quite a bit. Our home is clean and smells good, laundry is caught up, and we're enjoying life. As we worked around the house, assisting one another, we talked about anything and everything, our hopes and dreams for our future, and our families and friends. As Don relaxed during the afternoon, I was able to give my complete attention to the packages that I need to get mailed. I'm happy to report that they are all packaged up, addressed, and ready to be taken to the Post Office either later today or tomorrow at the very latest.

I also managed to complete the pre-washing and pressing of all the fabrics for my crazy quilt throw, and assembled my quilting and embroidery hoop in preparation of getting started soon. I've a few loose ends to tie up before I start cutting the muslin to size and begin hand sewing the first pieces. I decided to focus my attention on creating and finishing the 10 ATC's for Tina's In The Garden Swap and to re-organize and straighten my sewing area so any items I may need will be kept close at hand. In this week's JoAnn's advertisement, I saw that Ott lights and accessories are on sale at 40%, so I'm desiring to purchase a replacement bulb for mine, as well as set up a comfy chair for working with the quilting hoop and stand near my table. I'm hoping all these preparations will assist me as I begin to work. I know this is going to be long process, so I want to work on some smaller projects in between... like learning applique, practicing my stitching, learning and practicing new ones, writing in my journal, and some paper art projects off and on. And I'm researching silk ribbon dyeing, in hopes to try my hand at that soon. Those projects will assist me in adding to and embellishing my finished quilt top while I consider my options for batting and binding it up. Hopefully, I'll have some pictures to share as I begin to work soon.

No comments: