Friday, April 06, 2007

Oh, Happy Day!!!

I took a shot in the dark during the evening last night by going through some older posts in the CQ For Newbies group. I was searching for the swap hostess of the Kitty CQ Swap and was uncertain of who to email when I stumbled onto a post. So, I shot off an email inquirying about who the hostess of this swap might be and how I could contact her. I explained that I had recently found the treasures previously mention and that within that baggie there was a Bucilla's PatchWorks Kit with a Kitten and Mittens themed applique project for a 17"x12.5" wall hanging that I won't be using and would like to offer it as an RAK {random act of kindness}to the swap hostess, if she'd like to have it.

The fabric is primitive/country style colors in burgandy, green, navy, cream, rusts,and tan with some plaids mixed in. The applique patterns are on pieces of the fabric already and there is Osnaberg for the wall hanging background. There are also threads and buttons and the instructions are included. It had been previously opened and the muslin and cotton batting have been removed, although I was certain that they could easily be replaced.

This morning, I received an email reply and it turns out that Christy, who I had emailed, is the swap hostess and would love to have the kit! So, we're communicating and I'll be sending this to her. I'm gathering up a few additional items that need to be postal soon... a birthday box for my sister, the deco RR, the "Squishie Mingle" package, ect. and this kit will be added to the mix. I'm certain that those applique pieces already on the fabrics can be traced onto tissue paper for the design shape and later transferred for additional applique use. Maybe they will come in handy for these participating in the Kitty swap? I'm simply happy that it will have a good home! Don't you love it when things just come together and work out that way? {smiles}

No comments: