Sunday, October 21, 2007

After running errands in the morning, paying a visit to my parents, Don and I got started on staining the baseboards this afternoon. We had previously removed them a year or so ago to install the Pergo laminate flooring. We also did a bit of damage to the drywall in the process when we removed them {shhh, that will be our little secret!} but thankfully the new baseboard going in will cover those up. While we had the tarp, sawhorses, and stain out on the deck, I got the bright idea to stain this:


It is now a beautiful medium shade of golden oak. {We mixed a colonial oak gel stain with a bit of aged oak} to come close to our desired shade for the room. This took a bit of experimenting, however, I believe we reached a good compromise for all the wood pieces of varing of hues that will reside in these rooms. I can't wait to show you some pictures but if I have to wait for my new furniture, you're gonna just have to wait it out too. LOL!

No comments: