Wednesday, April 09, 2008

CED 2008 ~ Even the best laid plans...

Sometimes, even the best laid plans seemed to get skewed. I had all intentions of going to Mom's today to wash down her kitchen, but as fate would have it the telephone rang this morning and my assistance was needed with this. Now, I don't know about you, but I have a really hard time saying, "No!" to this sweet little face. So, Alexxis arrived at Grammies a little after 11 a.m. and finished helping me with this.


I figured if I had to be here, I may as well as make the most of it so Alexxis and I cleaned. We dusted, swept, and vacuumed, washed glass, windows, and knick-knacks. Of course, Grammie's house isn't all about slave labor, LOL, so we made some time to play. You know its really fun flying the butterfly way up high!!! Especially when you see such a sweet little face light up and the squeals of delight and laughter begins.



Being at home also allowed me to call Rita to set up Mom's and my hair appointments. A quick telephone call to Mom to inform her of our appointments time and with plans to reschedule the Spring cleaning of her kitchne, Alexxis and I whipped up some lunch. After lunch and doing up dishes, it was time for some Noggin and a nap. While Little Miss slept, I decided to tackle this project. I'd been desiring to re-finish this mirror for some time now and since I could accomplish it while Alexxis slept, I gathered up all the supplies: painter's tape, scissors, rubber gloves, Sophisticated Finishes, and a paintbrush. I decided to use the kitchen table since I could open the windows again today and turn on the two ceiling fans there. I'm so glad I did, the kitchen table moves out easily enough that I can pull it out and push it back as I worked around it. That certainly saved my back!



Here's a close-up after the two coats of Sophisticated Finishes was applied and while I'm waiting for it to dry. I still am desiring to go back over it with some Gold Rub-n-Buff. I'll post a pic once this project is finally complete.


Whatever your plans are or were for the day, I hope you were able to find something that gives you some pleasure. I know I did!

Also, a friend of Don's was on her walking and on her way to the library today when she stopped to chat. I invited her in for a glass of iced tea which she gratefully accepted. While she was here, she gave me the most wonderful compliment on our living room and said, I should think about becoming an interior designer. Well, needless to say, I was certainly flattered but I don't see that happening anytime in the near future. I happen to love my life --- just the way it is! Screwed up plans and all!!!! }*smile{

No comments: