Tuesday, May 06, 2008

OMG! I'm stoked that I MADE this!


Can you believe it? Little ole' ME created this! The same person with so very little sewing skills!!!! After placing the slipcover onto the patio chair, I was so excited that I took one of our striped seat cushions, tossed it on the chair and HAD to take a picture! All my cussing and cursing the "stupid sewing" machine has paid off!!! And here I have been half the day wondering," what in the world am I letting myself in for?" In between all the doubts, wondering if I should wash the fabric first, to realizing that if I did, I'd probably remove any of the outdoor fabric coating that the fabric was treated with, to wondering if my "cheap" Shark Euro-Pro X sewing machine could handle this job. All the information that I found online for sewing outdoor fabrics recommended using a serger. A what? LOL! Anyways, I'm so happy that I went ahead and tried it, thinking I could easily order 2 more yards of the fabric, if needed. Isn't it beautiful? I'm so stoked that I created this!!!! I gotta go look at it again --- you know --- just to be certain that I'm awake and not dreaming!!!

No comments: