Tuesday, August 19, 2008

CED ~ 2008 - Thoughts, Ideas, & Accomplishments...

THOUGHTS...
My thoughts are once again returning to re-organizing my studio. I know that I need to start with clearing off my work surfaces - eg. center island and stamping table. Those areas are covered with remenants of a past project, some previous organizing efforts, and supplies taken out of our home. Although it's hard to tell in the photograph above, but that is actually a large tote filled with craft supplies I won at an auction for $1.00 I was elated. {At least until the realization set in that I'd have to sort and organize it along with several other boxes, LOL!} There's some good stuff in here that I can utilize and one very unique item --- I've never seen anything like it in all my years of creating one sort of craft or another. I'll have to remember to capture a photograph of it, perhaps, someone has seen it or knows something about it, or could share some information on how its created.
And does anyone know or have any idea what those clear acrylic containers are for? My first thought was for thread spool storage... but I haven't tried storing a thread spool within them yet. The second one has smaller raised forms, perhaps for threaded bobbins? Anyone????
I suppose if they don't work for that, I may be able to find some other use for them... altering perhaps, if nothing else.
The shelf is another project... I'm uncertain whether to strip the stain off or to give it a thorough cleaning and paint it black.
IDEAS...

Speaking of painting, I still have to touch up the kitchen. I've also been considering painting my studio! {gasp! Although that will be a long way down the road!} but I've been gathering ideas, and inspiration photographs of what I desire to do. That may include adding these plaques. I was a little put off when I first saw these plaques in Hobby Lobby a few months ago. These were made in China, but it was iobvious to me that they were "knock-offs" of Sid Dicken's Memory Blocks, which I'd love to be able to collect! At $68.00 per block, I opted to purchase these on clearance for $2.00 each {this is just a sampling of those I purchased, I ended up with 8 - each different.} I do, however, find them inspiring, as in wouldn't it be fun to play with some plaster and create your own? Hmmm.... definately, a maybe, someday project... in the meantime, I'm pondering whether to hang them in our home or in the studio. For now, their simply laying around, most still in the packaging!

Perhaps, after the studio is organized again, I can begin focusing my attention on completing a lot of "I've bought the supplies to complete" projects and begin decorating it in the dreams of what I desire for it to become.

ACCOMPLISHMENT...


My Crazy Quilt throw that I recently "patched" some more. I''m almost 2/3rds of the way with having this project fully patched and ready to begin embellishishing it. One day this will be added to my studio recliner, just as I envisioned it to when I began it a few years ago.

I'm off to the studio to get started! Hopefully, I won't get lost in there. Or side-tracked... although I know in my heart that I could accomplish so much more, if it were simply organized. I hope to have more art to share soon. Until then..... *smiles and waves*

1 comment:

Lisa Renéa said...

Cathy, thanks for the original name on the plaques..every time, I've seen these, I'm like--they remind me of something..but what? Love the crazy quilt. They are fun and functional! I only dream of being organized! My entire house at this points needs to be organized. Do you think this is an issue for alot of creative people? Thanks for your well wishes, too. Have a super rest of the week!