Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What to do with this?....

I captured two photographs, one with the overhead light on {below} and without it, so you could see the actual lighting fixture {above photo}. Please excuse my reflection and note that I'm in the process of replacing the clear light bulbs with cool white bulbs --- gradually waiting for them to burn out, LOL! Also, we don't have any $$$ set aside or saved to make any changes to this space, but I do have Kilz primer and flat black paint on hand. A can of silver spray paint, we can afford, LOL!

My thoughts are to remove the light bulbs, prime and paint the light fixture entirely... an inexpensive silver spray paint for the actual outside of the light sockets, and then black to the wood laminate portion. Spray paint the wooden frame of the mirror silver. Then, remove the hardware from the sink cabinet base, prime and paint it black. Replace the hardware with polished silver and add a new rug to the floor in front of the sink.


{Adding wood trim, either stained or painted, to the top of the paneling and the corners of the short wall is already being planned into our small budget for this make over.} One day, we'd love to update the lighting and the fixtures in our bath --- for the time being, these must say the same as they are shown here. Any thoughts on my ideas? I could use some help...

No comments: