Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Boxes, Boxes, and more Boxes!

The past several days have flown by in a whirlwind, I swear I've seen glitter and paper scraps flying in the air! After I made the first magazine tote, I decided to create another, and a mini-magazine tote. Then, I discovered a smaller box, perfect for little "love notes" {3"x3" cards}, and one thing lead to another, and before I knew it, I'd created yet another little milk carton, played around with an older box template, and then, just played around and created a birdhouse!
Here's a photograph of all of them together:
After creating them all, I started decorating them. This one's for Mother's Day and I used a diecut from the Storybook cartridge {Cricut} and the lettering. A flower and some bling and it's ready to go! {I used red stickles over the diecut for additional dimension.}
Another close-up...


Another sweet little box to fill with something...

close-up of the details...
{also cut from Storybook {Cricut}
then, stickled!



In other news, Don and I took a road trip on Monday so I could purchase more supplies, mainly double-sided cardstock for more box making, but somehow a new set of stamps, more stickles, some silk flowers, and embellishments landed in the cart. We enjoyed a nice, quiet lunch out and had an enjoyable {uneventful} ride home. Once there, we spent more time together and yesterday, I was back to playing and even more creating!

I made a set of 5-6 "love notes" for the one small container with the bird nest. Created a little liner which I pamphlet stitched in for the insides. Then, I turned my attention to getting some things cut for the Decorative Die-Cut challenge winner, Andi. {I'll post add'l photos of those... I believe she's gonna love it! And in between operating the cricut to make my choosen cuts, I played with more stamps and inks and created two different set of 6 masculine card sets! {one specifically for Father's Day, the other just simply masculine}

So, today's agenda....
probably cleaning house! There's glitter and paper scraps everywhere!

{also, need to run to Hobby Lobby to return two tape cartridges that are malfunctioning and spray can of Krylon's Low Tack that won't spray! ugh!}

No comments: